I think I did pretty well with my 2019 goals. I don’t know how much of this, if any, can be attributed to having written them down on a blog post. Regardless, I want to put my goals for 2020 down in a blog post, giving me something to refer as the months roll by.
- Reduce my alcohol intake: I was rubbish at this last year despite it being one thing I really wanted to make at least a bit of an improvement in. 2020 is the year.
- Finish my coaching qualification: I have completed the first part of my qualification, with the second part due later in the year.
- Complete a sprint triathlon: this is ambitious and probably unrealistic. A 750m swin, 20k bike ride and 5k run. The running will be fine, but I haven’t cycled for years, don’t own a bike and have never swam in open water without flippers and a snorkel. Minor points.
- Post-June employment: I will no doubt have plenty more blog posts in the bag on this topic. But on 26 June, I leave my job. It is not so much of a goal, but rather a milestone in the coming year.
- Meditate: Another one carried forward from last year. I never seemed to find the time. I know how ridiculous not being able to find 20 minutes in a day sounds, so this year I am going to get better at making the time.
- Tough Mudder 3 and three half marathons: A bit more realistic than a triathlon. I have signed up for my third Tough Mudder in May, two half marathons (February and March) and entered the ballot for a third.
I think that’s a pretty good list to use as a foundation for the coming 12 months. It seems 2020 is primarily about my health and career, whatever the latter turns out to be. Good luck to everyone with whatever they goals may be.